2. Basics in Theatre Counterweight Flying
Basics in Theatre Counterweight Flying
This Course is designed specifically for those wish to have further knowledge and training in Theatre Counterweight Flying.
This training and assessment process is intended for use by persons engaged in flying of scenic elements for entertainment purposes.
It is meant as a guide to the venue management and Workcover as to a level of competency attained by the assessed.
Minimum requirement Spoken and written English
Minimum age 18 years.
Duration: 1 x 10 hours
Location:- At the clients venue or location
Fee: $250.00 per person excluding gst
( plus travel and accommodation if required for our trainer)
Minimum 4 persons, maximum 8 persons
- Introduction and exclusion
- Workcover - What is workcover, what are workcover inspectors, what are the responsibilities of an individual or company
- Licences What licences do I need, learn about what each of the different licences qualify you for and why you need them
- Site & environment control How an environment effects the way you do your job
- Rated equipment Learn what rated equipment is and how to identify equipment
- Knots Learn 3 fundamental knots
- Manual handling Learn the hazards associated with manual handling and what it means within the industry
- Planning – Grid loadings, stage plan flying plot, bar allocations
- Counterweight systems
- Tying and Brakes
- Testing and inspection
- Running Shows
This training and assessment is NOT intended to cover HUMAN FLYING as this is a specialist area and should only be done in consultation with a suitable experienced rigger
This training and assessment is NOT intended to cover POWER FLYING AND HOISTS as this is a specialist area and should only be done in consultation with a suitable experienced rigger